Charlie Bumpers vs. the Teacher of the Year
“What on earth did you do to your sneakers?” she asked. Trick question! I knew there was no good answer.
“I don’t know,” I said, which is a good thing to say when adults ask trick questions.
About this Story
Shortly before school starts, Charlie Bumpers learns that he will have the strictest teacher in the whole school for fourth grade. It doesn’t matter that she’s been named Teacher of the Year. He’s still afraid of her. Last year when he was horsing around in the hall, he accidentally hit her in the head with his sneaker (don′t ask). How will he survive a year under a teacher who is just waiting for him to make another stupid mistake?
Publisher: Peachtree Publishers, 2014 | ISBN-13: 978-1-56145-824-0 | Ages: 8-12
Hardcover: 138 pages; Paperback: 160 pages | Also available: ebook, audio book, and audio CD
- Beverly Cleary Children’s Choice Award Winner 2016 (OR)
- Great Kids Can Read Award (Greater Kansas City Assoc of School Librarians, MO)
- A Junior Library Guild selection
- Parents’ Choice Recommended
- PA Young Reader’s Choice Award Nominee 2014-15
- Horned Toad Tales List 2014-2015 (TX)
- RI Children’s Book Award Nominee 2015
- Delaware Diamonds Nominee 2014-2015
- Golden Sower Nominee 2015-2016 (NE)
- Sequoyah Book Awards Children’s Masterlist 2016 (OK)
- South Carolina Book Award Nominee 2015-2016
- Massachusetts Children’s Book Award Nominee 2015-2016
- Flicker Tale Children’s Book Award Nominee 2015-2016 (ND)